What is LIFE FLeX?
Through the My Digital Health platform, we are currently running a randomised evaluation trial of the LIFE FLeX program (a biopsychosocial intervention program for anxiety and depression). People 18 years of age and over are able to sign up. Signing up involves creating a My Digital Health account (if you do not currently have one), providing your consent to participate in the LIFE FLeX study, and completing several pre-program questionnaires. In this evaluation trial people will be randomised between two different conditions. The LIFE FLeX program is the same in both conditions, however we have varied when the modules are accessed. LIFE FLeX consists of an Introduction module and 6 core modules. These being:
- Module 1 – Increasing Biological Flexibility
- Module 2 – Increasing Emotional Flexibility
- Module 3 – Increasing Thinking Flexibility
- Module 4 – Increasing Behavioural Flexibility
- Module 5 – Increasing Wellness Flexibility
- Module 6 – Increasing LIFE FLeX-ability
LIFE FLeX and the other My Digital Health programs are wrapped within a dashboard system that offers you various other features and tools. For example, you will have access to a powerful self monitoring system that allows you to better monitor your daily mood, sleep and other daily lifestyle events. This ‘biopsychosocial’ information is then graphically displayed within your dashboard allowing you to choose with factors you would like to compare – allowing you to see patterns. For example, you may be interested in looking at how your sleep or physical activity levels impact on your mood. In addition, if you have a wearable fitbit device, you can also add this to the monitoring system – making self monitoring even easier.
You may also like to request that we connect your healthcare practitioner to your program account (if you live in Australia). This will allow your practitioner to view this program, communicate with your securely through the platform (i.e., email, instant messaging, audio/video-chat) and if you consent, monitoring your progress and account activity.
- If you are interested in the LIFE FLeX study, please click here to read the Plain Language Information Statement.
- If you are unsure whether the LIFE FLeX program may be suitable, please complete the anxiety and depression symptom surveys first by clicking here.
© 2020 MY DIGITAL HEALTH